I have to say up front that I’m directly stealing the 11 for 11 idea from my friend Liz Eischen. Liz is one of the many great people added to our lives this year as a result of an office move to the Luis Palau Association.
Truly, this must have been the best year of my life so far. This realization was capped late last night when I was joined by our expatriate staff on Skype only to become observer to a full-on pillow fight. It was among the girls now living in the Compassion First center for sexually trafficked girls in Indonesia. What an amazing way for me to end the year here and for them to begin theirs over there.
Certainly, we are poised for more and I can’t wait. As well, I’m determined and hopeful about an even greater year ahead. With that, I propose to do the following 11 things in 2011.
- Love more–Sounds trite, I know. Kymra will crack me for saying something so vague and sappy. But, at the end of the day, it has to do with who I’ve always wanted to be. In fact, I am being transformed. I’m hoping this is the outcome.
- Spend more time with Kymra–Maybe this is part of item number 1. I love this woman. I am thankful for her and I want the very most of what I can have with her.
- Really dig in with my little ones–I’m ever aware that the clock is ticking. I can’t wait to travel with Grace to competitive cheer competitions. I’m bummed that we’re not going very far this year. Sam and I will join a martial arts gym this month at his request. I feel very compelled to join him both for fitness purposes and the fact that I think that it is critically important to stay several steps ahead of this boy who could, one day soon, be much larger than me. I’m going to laugh more with Paige who brings me such joy.
- PLAY MORE GOLF–And not just play more but moving Compassion First closer to the world of golf.
- Get Palau Festivals into Indonesia. I would do anything I could for our friends at Palau. Just the same, I would do all that I could for Indonesia. I’m excited to see amazing partnerships come together.
- Launch MHBA and have it shoot the moon. Can’t really talk too much about this yet.
- Give more–In every way…money, time, encouragement, advice (where it is wanted)…
- Expand CF overseas–Seeing more girls come into a new future; seeing more incredible staff come online; seeing more partners come into the fold.
- Expand CF here at home–Getting into more cities with events and activities that tell our story and raise necessary funding for the future.
- Appreciate volunteers–Attempting to give as much as we can in return for a debt that we can only really repay with success stories.
- Continue a commitment to be real and honest about everything which, I hazard to say, means a continued annoyance with full-grown adults who insist on being cool kids. This, hopefully, keeps me from also becoming obnoxious and narcissistic!
Happy New Year, all. I love you dearly.